Personal data processing in connection with the ADVICE.ME Service
- In order to provide you with the ADVICE.ME Service, we need to process your personal data.
Used terms beginning with a capital letter are explained in the ADVICE.ME Rules of Operation.
- The processing of your personal data is necessary for the provision of the ADVICE.ME Service itself, i.e. for the provision of a professional assessment by a healthcare professional (hereinafter also referred to as “professional consultant”) as to whether you are a suitable candidate for the subsequent provision of a professional preliminary consultation/specialized examination with a healthcare provider, and possibly also for the purpose of arranging this consultation / examination, as you choose. The legal grounds for processing your personal data are therefore the performance of a contract consisting of the provision of the ADVICE.ME Service you have requested.
- In addition, we need to obtain your consent to process personal data relating to your health as separate legal grounds for processing this personal data. Otherwise, we are not authorised to process them under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The legal grounds for processing personal data about your health are therefore your consent, which you give at the same time as ordering the ADVICE.ME Service.
- In order to protect your privacy and limit personal data processing to only that which we actually need to process in order to provide the ADVICE.ME Service, please only send (provide) us with the personal data that we explicitly require you to provide. We will require your specific consent to process personal data for other purposes.
- The controller of the personal data you provide to us within the ADVICE.ME Service is EPC Healthcare Al s.r.o., Company ID No: 118 42 946, registered office at Durďákova 336/29, Černá Pole, 613 00 Brno, incorporated in the Commercial Register maintained by the Regional Court in Brno, Section C, Insert 124992 (hereinafter referred to as “EPC”).
- EPC processes the personal data you provide in the following manner:
- we process the contact data entered when ordering the ADVICE.ME Service (name, surname, address, e-mail and telephone for the purpose of communicating with you in order to arrange the professional assessment (receiving your service order, registering our customers, arranging a professional assessment, sending you the result of the professional assessment) and, at your request, also to make a subsequent appointment with a healthcare provider for a specialized examination; EPC also processes special categories of personal data, namely personal data concerning health. We process your health data primarily by checking, upon receipt, whether they are of the scope and quality necessary and sufficient for a professional assessment and then, with your consent, by transferring the data to a professional consultant to carry out the professional assessment.
- EPC only processes complete and accurate personal data that it has obtained in accordance with generally applicable law and the ADVICE.ME Rules of Operation. If it becomes aware that the personal data processed by are incomplete and inaccurate, it shall make reasonable efforts to correct or complete them, in accordance with the Rules of Operation.
- In order to ensure professional assessment, our company uses the services of expert consultants, who are renowned medical specialists in the given field. Your personal data are therefore transferred by EPC to entities who process them strictly for the purpose of conducting a professional assessment of whether you are a suitable candidate for a specialist preliminary consultation/specialist examination with a healthcare provider, always in accordance with the Rules of Operation. These entities are independent controllers of your personal data and their processing of your personal data is carried out in accordance with the relevant legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- If, as a result of the professional assessment provided as part of the ADVICE.ME Service, you are a suitable candidate for a subsequent professional preliminary consultation / specialist examination and you wish EPC to arrange an appointment for this examination with your chosen healthcare provider, you may simultaneously request that we provide this provider with any personal data you have already provided to us. In this case, we will not need your specific consent to transfer this data to the healthcare provider of your choice.
- We will process your personal data for as long as necessary, which we understand to be the period
- until you withdraw your consent to the processing of your health data, or
- until I withdraw from the contract for the provision of ADVICE.ME Services, or
- until the provision of the ADVICE.ME Service itself, i.e. until the delivery of the result of the professional assessment of suitability to undergo a specialist preliminary consultation / specialist examination, whichever is earlier. We will continue to process your personal data even after the expiry of the above-mentioned periods, but only by storing them for the purpose of defending EPC against any legal claims that may arise due to the provision of the ADVICE.ME Service. If you have withdrawn your consent to the processing of your personal health data or withdrawn from the contract for the provision of the ADVICE.ME Service prior to its provision, i.e. prior to the delivery of the result of the professional assessment of your suitability to undergo a specialist preliminary consultation / specialist examination, we will no longer store any of your personal health data.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of personal health data at any time. Withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent prior to its withdrawal. If the ADVICE.ME Service has not been provided by that time, i.e. if the result of the professional assessment has not been sent to you by that time as part of the ADVICE.ME Service, we will no longer be able to provide this service. Withdrawal of your consent to the processing of your personal health data therefore terminates our obligation to provide the ADVICE.ME Service. If your consent to the processing of your personal health data is withdrawn after the provision of this service, i.e. delivery of the result of the professional assessment, our company will continue to store your personal data as set forth in point 8 above.
- EPC has taken the appropriate technical and organisational measures that can be taken considering the state of progress, economic costs, the nature, scope and purpose of processing and the possible risks to your privacy. EPC has ensured an adequate level of personal data security, taking into account in particular the risks arising from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised access to personal data or other forms of unlawful data processing. EPC is committed to following these measures, even in light of new technology developments, and to eliminating potential future threats to the system. EPC employees and other persons who process personal data on the basis of a contract with EPC, and other persons who come into contact with personal data in the performance of their authority and duty, are obliged to maintain the confidentiality of personal data and security measures, the disclosure of which would compromise the security of personal data. The nondisclosure obligation does not apply to the information obligation under special laws. When processing your personal data, EPC complies with the provisions of the GDPR and Act No. 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. In particular, it ensures that you suffer no detriment to your rights, in particular the right to preservation of human dignity, and also ensures protection from unauthorised interference in your private and personal lives.
- Personal data are processed automatically in electronic form. Only EPC or its authorised processor is authorised to correct, destroy or edit personal data, with your consent.
- We process your data using the following processors, who are the recipients of personal data and will process them for EPC only to the extent indicated below:
EPC Health Invest SE, org. unit Štefánikova 1599/82 085 01 Bardejov, ID No.52834328;
- In particular, you have the following rights with regard to the protection of your personal data:
- the right to withdraw consent to the processing of personal health data, without prejudice to the lawfulness of processing based on this consent prior to its withdrawal;
- the right to request from EPC access to, rectification or erasure of the personal data concerning you, or the restriction of processing, as well as the right to data portability;
- the right to object to the retention of your personal data for the purpose of defending EPC against any legal claims that may be asserted against us as a result of the provision of the ADVICE.ME Service;
- the right to file a complaint to the supervisory authority (e.g. the Office for Personal Data Protection).
- You can exercise your rights in writing by sending a letter to our company address or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org